Visa Services

Foreign nationals need a visitor visa to come to Canada. The maximum length of stay on a visitor visa is six months. Parents and grandparents of Canadians can get a Supervisa to stay in Canada for two years. A visitor visa can be renewed but only in exceptional circumstances. We offer a wide range of visa services to our clients.

Single-entry and multiple-entry visas

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada may issue a foreigner a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa.

Single-entry visa: A single-entry visa allows you to enter and leave Canada for a period of six months at a time.

Multiple-entry visa: This type of visa will allow you to re-enter and leave Canada multiple times, for up to six months at a time over the course of ten years from the date your visa is issued or until the expiry of your passport, whichever comes first.

Visitor Record

Foreigners who want to extend their stay beyond six months can apply for a visitor record. A visitor record is a type of temporary residence visa that you can obtain from inside Canada. Your status as a visitor does not allow you to study, work or establish yourself permanently in Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Foreign nationals from visa-exempted countries don’t need a visitor visa to come to Canada. At the same time, If you are from such a country, you will need to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before your trip. In order to do this, you must first complete an electronic application form and link the eTa to your passport.

Supervisa for Parents and Grandparents

Parents and Grandparents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens may be eligible for a supervisa to come and visit Canada. To apply for a supervisa, you must prove that your child or grandchild is able to accommodate the cost of living for their parents or grandparents while they reside in Canada.

The duration of the supervisa is ten years. It allows visiting Canada for up to two years at a time.

Eligibility requirements for the supervisa

To be eligible for the supervisa, candidates must meet the following criteria:

  • You must obtain Health Insurance for at least $100,000.00, valid for one year.
  • You or your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable) must provide proof that you have adequate funds to support your parents/grandparents throughout their visit each year, which includes all food, housing, and transportation costs.
  • You must sign an undertaking stating that when your parents or grandparents’ visa expires, they will depart Canada.

Contact MyOwn Visas if you need help with Canadian visa services!